Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday 2010

This is the second Easter since my stroke. I don't remember much about the last one. But today, I'm in Florida, living at my mothers house, and I'm alone. My mother is still in rehab from her back surgery. When I'm not sick, I go over and visit, almost everyday.

I've decided that it stinks being alone! All my life I've either live with my parents, lived in a college dorm or live with the wife. This being alone stuff is new to me. I don't quite know how to take it. Since I lost everything in my stroke, I live with my mother in a retirement community. Everyone that lives in the section of the retirement community is about my mother's age. The are all 30 years older than I am. Is this what I have to look forward to in my old age? it makes you pause and think, reflect on your life, your accomplishments and your failures. The real question is -- do I have one more mission in me? Do I have one more success? Or, is this all there is. Good question don't you think.

I prefer to think that I have one more success in me. 55 is too young to roll over and play dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment